WELCOME TO CAMP SUMMITT 2020!
We are proud to announce another season of Camp Summitt--hopefully bigger and even better than last summer!
During the first 2 weeks of June, our very own Summitt teachers will once again lead one-week enrichment camps designed to integrate different curriculum and enrichment areas in non-traditional ways, and as multi-aged experiences for our current, incoming, and outgoing Summitt students. The price of each one-week course includes all tuition and fees and thus, varies by class.
Core Camp hours are 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Session 1 runs June 1 - 5, 2020. Session 2 runs June 8 - 12, 2020. Campers needing additional care can take advantage of our flat-rate child care which is available from 7:30 - 9:00 a.m. and/or 3:00 -5:45 p.m.
We anticipate that camps will fill quickly so please prioritize your child's choices on the Registration Form. The last date to register for open classes is April 3rd. Registrations after April 3rd will be charged a $25 late fee, if class space is available. NO REGISTRATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER MAY 22nd. After turning in the completed Registration Form and Terms of Enrollment/Release Form with full payment, parents will receive a receipt to serve as confirmation.
EXTENDED CHILD CARE
Campers can register for Early Arrival Child Care and/or Late Stay Child Care. Child Care will consist of outdoor/indoor play time, board games, puzzles, crafts and movies. Campers should bring their own snacks for Child Care. Campers picked up late from Child Care may forfeit their place in the Child Care program.
Child Care Costs & Times:
- $50 Early Arrival: 7:30-9:00 a.m.
- $75 Late Stay: 3:00-5:45 p.m.
- $100 Early and Late combined
- Open to Summitt Elementary School students entering grades Kinder through 6th grade (age requirements vary by camp class).
- Campers should bring a sack lunch, snack, drink, and sunscreen. Dress according to weather and activities.
- Payment may be made by cash or check. A receipt will be sent home with your child.
- A limited amount of financial assistance is available for Summitt students wanting to participate but unable to afford the full amount of camp. The Scholarship Application Form (available on this website and in the school office) must be submitted to the Camp Director by March 27.
- Proceeds from Summitt Summer Camp are used to fund school-wide needs such as technology, classroom materials and professional development.
* If, before May 22, 2019, a child is unable to attend and camp payment has been made, a WRITTEN request must be made to the Camp Director in order for a refund (less $50.00 processing fee) to be issued. After May 22nd, no refunds will be given unless the vacancy is filled by another student.
Camp Summitt Director, Denise G. Richey,